Sunday, September 9, 2012

How to Make My Wife Happy and Be a Good victualer in Tough Times

--Restaurant Week Ny of How to Make My Wife Happy and Be a Good victualer in Tough Times--

redirected here How to Make My Wife Happy and Be a Good victualer in Tough Times

The ask I have had recently has been "How can I make my wife happy and deal with these hard economic times? There is just too much stress in our association and I have responsibilities that I am having a hard time living up to. What can I do?"

How to Make My Wife Happy and Be a Good victualer in Tough Times

The stock shop plummets, jobs are disappearing, money is tight and yet you, as a husband, are still incredible to be a good husband and provider. You are still incredible to keep your wife and children happy. Life gets stressful and you wonder how you can live up to the expectations of being a good husband and keep your wife happy.

Fear not! There are many ways. You are a good husband and with a exiguous creativity you can recreate a loving lifestyle that does not need money. After all it is all about the association and development your women and children happy.

When Glen was first laid off in December, his condition was a mess from worrying and not sleeping. Financial worries were with him on a 24/7 basis. He and his wife Katie were on the verge of a divorce. They were fighting about all things even though Glen told me "we don't want to fight." The kids were feeling the effects of Glen's concerns and the daily arguments and were acting out in school. Glen said "I remember mental we can't even afford a divorce!"  

But a divorce isn't the answer. Couples who love each just need to stop and re-evaluate what is leading to them and then map out a new path and a new way of acting. As one husband told me recently "It is a new adventure". Keeping yourself and your wife and house happy in these tough economic times can be a challenge and a rewarding attempt in the end. It can also be a radical turn to their current lifestyle.

Glen likes to tell the story of what has happened in his life since his layoff in December.

"I won't lie and tell you that things haven't been hard but my wife and I have also come to be closer and found more time to love each other."

Glen went on to tell me how he has decided to take on the job of chief cook and bottle washer in his house through this time of unemployment. Katie is working in retail and her hours have never been easy on the house routines.  Now with Glen home he has been able to add a stable element to the home and make a difference. Glen now finds ways to make his wife happy without spending extra money they no longer have.

"It is a bit of a role reversal and we are struggling to make ends meet but I'm liking  this new challenge. I find myself whistling when I'm washing up the pots and pans!" I'm keeping myself happy as well as my wife!

"By price checking and advent up with cost effective recipes I'm able to feed the house for a division of what we used to pay. We eat lots of hamburger and dissimilar kinds of soups. We never eat hamburger the same way. I've made hamburger soup, bunless hamburgers, grilled hamburgers on the bbq, meatloaf, spaghetti with meat sauce, Mexican casserole, taco salad. We always start with a salad I like to make it fun for the kids so I add things like apples and raisins. I've found spicy and interesting ways to cook up a pot roast and the house doesn't even miss the prime rib!  I've even started development desserts.   Tomorrow I'm development Trifle. Now that should make my wife happy!" Glen has intuit to be proud of himself. His main worry is the financial situation and how to furnish for his family. While he is unemployed (oh, yes, he is finding for work) he is finding ways to make his current money go farther. Good work Glen!

Another couple, Darla and Phil used to go out every Saturday morning for brunch at a cafeteria in their neighborhood. They took the kids along too. It cost the house over each week. Now for less than they have started to have "special Saturday breakfasts" at home in the dining room. Everyone participates and it has been a bit of a struggle when the kids are on clean up duty. But the new recipes they are trying and the creativity and the money savings are well worth it agree both Darla and Phil. Phil smiles and winks and says "I know how to make my wife happy and not spend money we don't have anymore."

Here are some other ways that you can save money and still make your wife and house happy:

-  Learn how to make lattes at home using a whipper to foam the milk and a thermos cup to take it with you on the go.

-  Buy bulk nuts and dried fruit and make your own snacks for eating at the game or other events that you would ordinarily buy from a vendor.

-  Instead of going out to a movie or other event that costs you money, have friends over for the evening and play games that make you laugh.

-  Shop at Thrift stores and other discount stores and correlate prices. Shop sales. Don't buy name brand items. 

Providing for your house is a concern for most husbands. I hope this has been helpful to you to think about ways that you can keep your wife happy and deal with harder economic times. 

share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share How to Make My Wife Happy and Be a Good victualer in Tough Times.


No comments:

Post a Comment