Thursday, August 2, 2012

Virginia Beach, My Longest Vacation

Restaurant Week Nyc - Virginia Beach, My Longest Vacation The content is nice quality and useful content, Which is new is that you just never knew before that I know is that I even have discovered. Prior to the unique. It is now near to enter destination Virginia Beach, My Longest Vacation. And the content related to Restaurant Week Nyc.

Do you know about - Virginia Beach, My Longest Vacation

Restaurant Week Nyc! Again, for I know. Ready to share new things that are useful. You and your friends.

Virginia Beach or Gatlinburg, Tn? My boss was on the other end of the phone request me where I wanted to go for my next work assignment. I blurted out "Beach" before even weighing the options. I already lived in Beckley, West Virginia and I did not like living in the mountains, so a summer working and spending my relaxation time by the ocean was the easy winner without a doubt!

What I said. It is not outcome that the true about Restaurant Week Nyc. You read this article for information about that need to know is Restaurant Week Nyc.

How is Virginia Beach, My Longest Vacation

We had a good read. For the benefit of yourself. Be sure to read to the end. I want you to get good knowledge from Restaurant Week Nyc.

My husband, an elementary school educator was fine with my choice. Our three children were excited too. I swiftly began finding for a summer rental and found a furnished condo several blocks from the oceanfront. Quickly, we placed into our "work - play" routine. Of course, we did the typical tourist things like para sailing, cruising the board walk, enjoying the entertainment up and down Atlantic Avenue, all of which, was free. On Wednesday and Sunday nights the city provided a fireworks show at 10:00 Pm that drew "ooohs" and "ahhhs" and applause from all who viewed it.

As the summer days melted away, I found my routine changing from "accidental tourist" to "local resident." I was able to help the befuddled tourist find their way around and recommend the best restaurants where the local residents ate. I became friends with the employees at the fresh seafood shop and the post office employees greeted me by name. As the time drew closer to pack up and return to the mountains and another cold, grey and snowy winter, I tried to fill every occasion with my newfound beach lifestyle.

The following summer I requested to work in Virginia Beach again. This summer I talked my husband into a annual rental of a small beach house only two blocks from the ocean. It was one of the former beach cottages, full of charm and a quirky character. My husband was not keen on the annual agreement, but my determination won out in the end. We arrived, our van loaded with the basic household necessities, a small black "pound puppy" named Buddy and three excited kids. Quickly, we roamed the thrift shops in crusade of basic furnishings to get us by for the advent year.

I was in my element! After a day of working, I would walk straight through the door and immediately turn into shorts, t-shirt and a matching pair of flip flops purchased from Old Navy. My flip flop collection was far larger than my dress shoes, and far more comfortable! I learned new ways to prepare the different varieties of seafood from the clerks at the seafood market. Spreading out newspaper and dumping freshly steamed crab legs over the table was a feast hard to beat! A few small bowls of melted butter with Old Bay, an icy cold beer and sweet iced tea along with a roll or two of paper towels competed the setting. We would all sit around the table, cracking crab legs, butter dripping from our chins and share stories of our day.

My husband was nearing the point where he could retire from teaching and our youngest was close to beginning high school. By the end of the summer the decision was made that he would enroll at the Middle school in order to prepare him for the transition to high school. My husband would terminate his year teaching in Wv and he, our son and I would take turns driving to and from the beach to West Virginia and vice versa every other weekend. Every trip to West Virginia I would load up a few small pieces of furniture and a few more of our belongings to take up residency in "our miniature beach house" as I lovingly named it.

That was ten years ago. My husband is now retired. It took him a miniature longer to terminate out his retirement, so it was just our son and myself with our long distance visits. Our house in West Virginia is listed for sale, but rented for the time being. We have moved from 27th street to 5th street and live in a condo that has a lot more room just over the street from the ocean! We are getting ready to move all remaining in storehouse to the beach. Just the other weekend our grand children were visiting and I woke them up to go watch the "sun wake up." I threw on my t-shirt and shorts and of course, matching flip flops, and stuck two sippy cups in the pockets of my shorts and keeping the two small hands of a 2 and 3 year old clad in their character pajamas and somehow a Woody doll and a miniature panda bear, we crossed the street and sat in the sand in total awe as the sun rose over the gorgeous Atlantic Ocean. Gulls flew overhead and several large fishing boats cut straight through the waves carrying tourist out to spend the day making memories. Joggers were out, as well as cyclist, getting in their exercise. I watched the ocean front "wake up" straight through the eyes of my grand children. A memory I will forever cherish.

Yes, I Love Virginia Beach! It is the largest city in the state of Virginia. I find it to be a two-part city. The city itself with all of the assorted communities, and then the ocean front. It is a city filled with citizen from every field of the military. You will find citizen from all over the world that now call Virginia Beach "home", as well as this gal who has lived in Arlington and Fairfax, Va, North Carolina, New York and West Virginia. I am finally "home".

The atmosphere is overwhelming if you like very miniature snow and mild winters. I have lived here straight through one hurricane, but it doesn't compare to the fear of hunkering down wondering if a tornado is going to flatten your home! It can get pretty hot in the summer, but usually, for a few weeks would you deem it "unbearable". Summer storms can blow up quickly, yet blow out to sea just as fast. Fall is pleasant with temperatures in the 70's to low 80's. There all the time seems to be a festival or event going on close by in every season. Any kind or collection of food is available and the farmers shop is one of the finest I've ever shopped at. The schools are great, there are colleges and technical schools that teach any field you would want to learn. Recreation centers with low annual membership fees and did I mention they cater to all ages and have swimming pools and rock climbing walls and amenities too numerous to mention! Spas, a good massage, or a fine cup of coffee, all can be found around approximately every corner. State parks, amusement parks, childrens entertainment and concert venues abound.

One of the best decisions I've ever made was to make Virginia Beach my home. The best "work-vacation" I ever made was to make Virginia beach the destination. Is it perfect? I guess that depends on your definition of perfect. Yes, there are a few things I'd turn to suit my taste, but thorough it's about as close to perfection as you can get. If you miss the snow and top notch skiing, hop on a plane from the Norfolk International airport and head out West for the slopes. If you are in the mood for a Broadway show and it doesn't happen to be advent to Chrysler Hall, which is nearby, take a plane to Nyc. You can come and go to in any place from right here!

Yes, I'm sold on Virginia Beach, Virginia. Try us out sometime. You never know, we might just end up neighbors!

Come for a visit, or stay for a lifetime you'll love it!

I hope you receive new knowledge about Restaurant Week Nyc. Where you'll be able to put to used in your day-to-day life. And most importantly, your reaction is Restaurant Week Nyc.Read more.. from this source Virginia Beach, My Longest Vacation. View Related articles associated with Restaurant Week Nyc. I Roll below. I even have counseled my friends to help share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share Virginia Beach, My Longest Vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment